S-56 was a Stalinets-class submarine of the Soviet Navy. Her keel was laid down by Dalzavod in Vladivostok on 24 November 1936. It was launched on 25 December 1939 and commissioned on 20 October 1941 in the Pacific Fleet. During World War II, the submarine was under the command of Captain Grigori Shchedrin and was moved from the Pacific Fleet to the Northern fleet across the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. After decommissioning, the submarine was turned into a museum ship. Nowadays the C-56 submarine is on the shore of Golden Horn Bay of Vladivostok.
The interior of the submarine was refitted as a museum. In the stern of the submarine is an exhibition devoted to the forces of the Pacific Fleet. In the central and nasal part of the submarine compartments placed torpedo ammunition. The fourth compartment of the exposition devoted to the development of submarine forces in the Pacific and the history of the ship. On S-56 is passed daily ceremony of raising and lowering the naval flag.
Price of ticket: 100 rub